Forum

[FAQ] The Purge.  

RSS

Alphynen (Nenyhpla)
(@alphynen5012)
Member Moderator
26/09/2019 10:04 pm  

The PURGE

The PURGE clears bases that are demo-able and unoccupied from the servers.
The Admin team will clear and demo any items that do not self decay during this time.
We also will remove unclaimed and unwanted tames.

You have A Month to put up flags and prepare your bases.
Please make sure all your dinos are inside of your base or cryo'ed and put up.

If you have two bases on the server, please be sure to Mark BOTH BASES and cryo any loose or outside of your boundaries tames. PLEASE make every effort to find and collect your lost and missing tames before we start The Purge.

PURGE FLAGS of THE SPECIFIED COLORS Should be placed in any VISIBLE SPOT FROM THE AIR and on ALL BUILDINGS and ENTRANCES to your BASE!

USE a MULTIPANEL FLAG painted with the Specified colors in alternating blocks. (It doesn't matter if its <Color 1 and Color 2 or Color 2 and Color 1>BUT BOTH COLORS MUST BE PRESENT!)

The PURGE is not a PVP event and, NO you may not declare war on your neighbors and attack them.  

Your DomiNATION Admin Team.

#FAQ= Purge, Part 1

1) If I have a flag on my base, with the right colors on it, what happens?

A: We will fly right on past you!

2) And if I don't have the right colors of flag?

A: We'll make your base, tames, and toon(s) vanish. We don’t know if you just have up, an old flag from a past purge, or a persona decorative flag.

3) When is the purge?

A: The Purge is Bi annual, The Admin Team will publish an announcement about the Purge at least a month in advance. You will have roughly ONE MONTH to prep. (Note: IF your flag is demo-able, then so is your base. The whole point of the purge is to reduce unused structures from inactive players to reduce save times and server lag.)

4) I left my wyvern/megalodon/insert dino here at an Ally's base, is it going to be okay?

A: As long as your ally has a visible sign that says they are allowed to be parked in the pen, then they will be left alone. Ideally, the sign would be by the flag.

5) How many flags do we have to put up?

A: Please put up the number of flags that you feel will protect your base. When in doubt put up too many. Fly in from every direction and make sure they are highly visible! Do not park a dino on top of them. Have a friend fly by and help you if you need to. Do NOT ask the admins to do this.

6) What if I want you to demo ONE of my bases?

A: You don't. We normally do a full admin Destroy TRIBE commands, so you'd lose everything if you leave one base un-flagged for us to Purge. Demo your own bases if you want them gone, we're not your personal clean-up crew.

#FAQ= Purge, Part 2

7) I can't log on during the purge/ I'm going to be out of town.

A: You should have plenty of time to put up a flag, and we don't need you up for this. Carefully cryo up your tames  AND refresh your bases and other structures RIGHT before you leave. And make sure your flags are up and visible and your stuff will be there when you get back.

8) I have tames scattered across the map, what will happen to them?

A: They'll die. Tames that have been lost and scattered will be destroyed, as it is in our RULES to try and keep tabs on them. Take a second and go to the website https://ark.spectrumdominus.com/ and look up your server map, tribe, and location of any stragglers as soon as you can. Otherwise, they die. Additionally, this would be a violation of Rule #8, so you will lose the creatures AND get 3 points for every map with dinos outside your base(s) during the Purge. This can quickly add up and get you banned. Round them up or kill them off beforehand.

9): Can I tag along after the admins and forage through the bases they demo?

A: Be careful with this. Admins are doing multiple kill and destroy commands in a row and if you get in their line of sight, that could spell disaster for you, your tames, or even your entire tribe. You can rummage through any bags that you see, but please, please do stay OUT of the admins way. If you get in the way and lose stuff, we won't replace it.

10) My water tames are too big to fit in a pen, or my base is landlocked. How do I save them?

A: Use Cryopods and/or Cryofridges.

11) What should my flag look like? What colors do I use? Can an admin give me the flag and dye?

A: See the examples below . The colors have been specified and multiple announcements are made prior to the commencement of The Purge. And no, Admins will not give you flags and paints, please get it yourselves.
NOTE: COLORS MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE SHOWN IN THE EXAMPLES!!!
IF YOUR IN DOUBT LOOK FOR THE PURGE ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE DISCORD ANNOUNCEMENTS.

12) I have 2 bases and a taming pen. Will all 3 be safe if I use flags?

A: NO, if we discover you’re over your base limit, we may destroy a 3rd base, and it may not be the base you considered “Just a taming PEN”. Make sure you are within the 2 base limit Prior to the PURGE.

13) Can I get creative with my flags and just paint my roof like a flag?
A: Be careful. Make sure you have the official Flags up Everywhere. Creative designs are not the same as Flags. Period.

Examples of PAST Flags:

HOW TO NOT MARK A BASE:

There is a purge flag in this picture... can you find it!

(Infinity Gauntlet colors)

Share:

Please Login or Register