[Sticky] How to Optimize your CONAN EXILES Play.
How to Optimize your CONAN EXILES Play.
Post of helpful Optimizations and Client side bug fixes
Conan Launch Options
To set your Launch options to optimize your game play.
Follow these instructions:
Right Click on your game in the Steam Library list, scroll down to the bottom and left click properties.
This will open a second box called Conan Properties.
In the middle of that box is a button called "Set Launch Options" click on that.
In the box that opens cut and paste this line of code:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -lowmemory -window -high
(Note: the -window, will make your game start in windowed mode. This can slow your fps rate down on some Pc's.) It is not required and you may remove it.
BEST Video Settings for HIGH FPS and Quality Video
Go to Conan Settings Screen Before entering game and click on Video Tab:
Set Max FPS to 60 for Desk Tops with a 960 or better Card
Set Max FPS to 30 for a Lap Top
View Distance: Medium
Post Processing: Ultra
General Shadows: Low
Effects Quality: Low
Texture Quality: Medium
Foliage Quality: Medium
GAME ERRORS and FIXES
Keybindings won’t save:
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonConanExilesConanSandboxConfig
- Open the DefaultInput.ini file with Notepad
- Find the lines that have PreviousMessage and NextMessage
- Where it says Key= , change the assigned key to whatever other key you would prefer to use.
This temporary solution involves editing a vital game file. Avoid changing and deleting any characters in any of the lines in the file as this can be game breaking.
There are no servers in browser:
If you cannot see any servers listed in the browser, make sure that the Combat and Community lists are set to All. The filter should be set to Internet. If the settings are correct, but you still can’t see any Conan Exiles servers, then you may still use the Steam Server List Tool:
- Open the main Steam client
- Click View > Servers
- Select your desired tab
- Use the Internet tab for a list of official and unofficial CONAN servers
- Use the Favorites tab to manually add servers using the server's query port
- Use the History tab to find and manage the list of servers you have connected to before
Click "Change Filters" and change the Game to "Conan Exiles" (each tab has its own filter)
C++ or UE4 Prerequisites errors
Conan Exiles C++ errors are most likely due to out-of-date Windows versions. Make sure that your computer is running the latest Windows version:
- Run Windows Update > install the available updates > restart your computer
- Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- Install Conan Exiles
“Optional parameters” error
If Conan Exiles is trying to launch with optional parameters that don’t exist, restart Steam and try again. If the issue persists, close Steam and launch the app as an Administrator. If this doesn’t fix the error, contact Funcom’s support team.
Long Load Time / Fatal Errors / Black Screen on load:
Anytime you experience either Exceptional long loading times or Fatal errors on loading. EXIT GAME, EXIT STEAM, and then re-enter to the game lobby and try again. If it repeatedly loads slowly or errors, or if the game is hanging on the loading screen and is not progressing beyond a black screen, wait a little longer. If nothing happens after a few minutes, end the task by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Restart the game and then try to launch it again.
It is good to know that this issue may be caused by hardware that is close to the minimum specifications. Also, try running the Steam client’s built-in integrity checker. OR try doing a Re-Verify of your game files.
Restarting Steam can often help resolve problems with Internet connectivity when trying to load or play games. You can restart Steam by closing and reopening the client, or refresh your Steam files in the event you feel that Steam's files may be modified, corrupted, missing, or mis-configured on your operating system. If none of these solutions work, try contacting Steam.
Method 1 Restarting Steam
- Click on “Steam” in the toolbar at the top left corner of your Steam session.
2. Select “Exit” or “Exit Steam.” Your current session of Steam will close. Alternately, right-click on the Steam icon in the notification tray on your desktop, and select “Exit.” In Windows, the notification tray is located at the bottom right corner of the desktop; in Mac OS X, the notification tray is located at the top right corner of the desktop.
3. Double-click on the Steam icon on your desktop to relaunch Steam. If the Steam shortcut icon is not located on your desktop, search for Steam in the “Start” menu in Windows, or in the Applications folder on Mac OS X.
Method 2 Refreshing Steam Files in Windows
- Exit Steam using steps #1 and #2 from Method One.
2. Press the Windows + R keys at the same time. This will open the Run dialog box.
3. Type the following command into the Run dialog box, then press Enter: steam://flushconfig. This command will refresh your Steam files.
4. Restart your computer, then navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam.
5. Double-click on “Steam” or “Steam.exe” to relaunch the Steam client. This will open Steam directly from the installation folder. Do not open Steam using its shortcut icon located on the desktop.
6. Resume game-play in Steam as normal. Your Steam files will now be refreshed.
Method 3 Refreshing Steam Files on Mac OS X
- Exit Steam using steps #1 and #2 from Method One.
2. Launch Safari and type “steam://flushconfig” into the address bar.
3. Press “Enter,” then close your Internet browser.
4. Restart your computer, then relaunch the Steam client. Your Steam files will now be refreshed, and you can resume game-play as normal.
Method 4 Refreshing Steam Files in Linux
- Launch Terminal and type “steam --reset” at the prompt.
2. Press “Enter.” The message “Installing bootstrap /home/[username]/.steam/steam/bootstrap.tar.xz” will display on-screen. This message means your Steam files have been successfully refreshed.
3. Restart your computer, then relaunch the Steam client. Your Steam files will now be refreshed, and you can resume game-play as normal.
Verify Your GAME through Steam
- Your Steam page.
- Right click the Game Title.
- In the box that opens: Click on the tabs on the top (Local Files).
- In the last box in the list: Verify integrity of Game Files… : Click this.
- Wait for the process to complete. (May be lengthy).
- When the process finishes, restart the Game Title to re-acquire any lost files.
- After files are re-acquired.
- Restart Steam from one of the methods above, and try the Game Title again.
HOW TO STOP ALT TAB FREEZES:
Locate your Engine.ini file, which should be found here:
Steam>right click game title>Properties>Local files tab>Browse Local files box=click it> in window that opens>ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/Engine.ini folder. Open Engine.ini, Edit it in notepad, and add the following to the end of the file:
Save the file, then right click the file again and go to Properties and click attributes and then click READ only.
This will keep the new changes through patches. Close all of this and start the game. You should no longer experience freezes when alt tabbing.
HOW TO STOP THE CINEMATIC FROM RUNNING
If you do not want to edit files, just hit the [ESC] key when the Funcom logo comes up.
Otherwise, this is correct:
IN STEAM LIBRARY PAGE,
Right click : Conan Exiles\properties\local files\browse local files\ConanSandbox\Config open "DefaultGame.ini and set:
[/script/movieplayer.movieplayersettings] (these will be + insted of - so reset them all to the -) -StartupMovies=StartupUE4
SAVE the file.
Close the File.
In the File manager, find the file you just opened, and right click on it.
Go down to properties and click that.
In the box that shows please go to the bottom of the box and click the box that says Attributes and click the Read only box and then click ok.
This will save the file in a way that when the game updates the files the file will not be reset to the previous settings.