The last couple of days I worked a bit on Cryopod support for https://ark.spectrumdominus.com/. Cryopods are items introduced in the Extinction DLC. They allow dinos to be stored, not unlike Poké balls. Since the dino effectively becomes a stored item, the dino scanner would no longer find them, and instead mark them as dead.
What has been created so far:
- Creatures in cryopods no longer show up as dead, and show on an indication on the dino details page that they are in cryo state.
- The location of these cryo-ed creatures is updated based on the inventory they are in. This inventory could be another dino, a player, a storage box, a fridge, etc.
- The owning player and tribe are updated based on the owner of the inventory. The game does not register any ownership with creatures in cryo state. They can be stolen, and anyone who uses the cryopod will become the new owner of the creature. This means that if the dino is in an storage box, dino or player that is part of your tribe, the cryo-ed creature will stay visible in the dino list of your tribe.
- A filter was added to the dino search page to specify whether you’re looking for a creature in cryo state.
What still needs to be considered:
- The claim timer is not updated once creatures are in cryo state, meaning it will run out 7 days after putting it in cryo. It might make sense to copy the claim timer of the inventory it is in, or hide creatures in cryo state from the claimable list. I’ll have to investigate this.
- Update overviews to make a distinction between dinos that are and are not in cryo state.
- Structures Plus has a similar way to store dinos in its Vivarium. I might be able to use the same trick to bring those dinos back to life on the website.
Got suggestions? Drop them in the comments below or DM me on Discord!